- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 1:15 h
- Ready In : 1:35 h
Sofrito Chicken – ingredients and method
- 2 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 Cubanelle pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 bulb garlic, peeled
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 cup chicken broth
Combine tomatoes, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, Cubanelle pepper, onion, garlic, and cilantro in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Set aside 1 cup of sofrito for the recipe and save the rest for another use.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken thighs with adobo and cumin. Add chicken to hot skillet and sear on each side until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Reduce heat to low and add chicken broth and 1 cup of sofrito. Cover and simmer until chicken thighs fall apart, about 1 hour.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.