Banana Mocha Chocolate Chip Muffins2018-05-28
- Skill Level: Easy
- Add to favorites
- Servings : 15
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 24m
- Ready In : 60m
Banana Mocha Chocolate Chip Muffins
Banana Mocha Chocolate Chip Muffins – ingredients and method
- 4-5 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 5 teaspoons hot water
- 3/4 cup softened butter (unsalted)
- 1 and 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (for 1 egg)
- 1 and 1/3 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1-2 tablespoons milk/water (optional)
Preheat oven to 400F. Line muffin tin/s with paper liner and lightly grease it with non-stick cooking spray.
In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in hot water and set it aside. I used 4 teaspoons of coffee powder instead of 5 mentioned in the original recipe.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add buttermilk; beat well.
Beat in bananas, vanilla and coffee mixture.
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake for 12 minutes at 400F and reduce the temperature to 350F and bake for another 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
8 people rated this recipe